Dr. Seth Meyers, Clinical Psychologist

Dr. Seth Meyers, Clinical Psychologist

Saturday, December 7, 2013

POP CULTURE: How to NOT Be So Critical of Others


I read an article at CNN.com about how critical the responses were to the recent Sound of Music revival on TV this past week. In particular, the article highlights countless tweets in which men and women trashed singer Carrie Underwood, choosing the most malicious and nasty words possible.

Why trash someone who tries their best? I saw about 15 minutes of the TV "event," and I was quite impressed with Underwood. I thought she did amazingly well for someone who hasn't trained extensively as an actress. My gosh, certainly the woman deserves some credit for taking on such a high-profile acting and singing event LIVE! Would any of us try that? Child, please. Anyhow, I think the takeaway is to remember to support others instead of tearing them apart with glee. As a community, we can do better than this.

Check out the CNN article here: http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/06/showbiz/tv/sound-of-music-live-nbc/index.html?hpt=hp_c4.

No comments: