Wednesday, December 29, 2010
QUIZ: Do You Have...Relationship Repetition Syndrome?
One of the most common problems I see in my practice is that men and women's romantic relationships often fail because they are stuck repeating toxic relationship patterns. Take this quiz below which is quick and fun!
Answer the questions below with a simple “yes” or “no.”
1. Do you feel like you are only sexually attracted to partners who are bad for you?
2. Have you found yourself in a relationship with someone who does the same kinds of things your last significant other did that hurt or bothered you?
3. Do your friends and families comment on you choosing the wrong partners and ask why you don’t settle down with the right person?
4. Do your relationships tend to last a certain amount of time and then consistently end after the same approximate length of time? For example, perhaps you’ve never made it past the three-year hurdle?
5. Have you ever fallen for someone by simply looking at him or watching him, or decided you want to be with him within the first few minutes of meeting?
6. Do you find yourself feeling the same kinds of negative feelings you felt in your last relationship, precipitated by the same kinds of situations?
7. Do you blame yourself or your partners for why things went wrong?
8. Do you sometimes feel like you lose yourself in your relationships?
9. Do you feel like you are cursed to have bad relationships and will never find ‘The One?’
If you answered “yes” to two or more of the questions above, you suffer from RRS. If you answered “yes” to one of the questions above, you suffer from some of the symptoms of RRS.
If your answers tell you that you are what I call a Relationship Repeater, fear not! I wrote a whole book about it, Dr. Seth's Love Prescription: Overcome Relationship Repetition Syndrome and Find the Love You Deserve. Trust me: I try to make it as fun as possible, and there might even be an exercise in it in which you have to try to figure out which which character in The Golden Girls & Sex and the City you are most like.
Seriously, though, there is help for you if you feel like you are stuck repeating the same old patterns and are ending up single and frustrated, again and again. You can find Dr. Seth's Love Prescription at Borders, Barnes and Noble, or at Amazon.com!