Dr. Seth Meyers, Clinical Psychologist

Dr. Seth Meyers, Clinical Psychologist

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Coping Tips for Covid-19: Staying at Home and Staying Sane!



Try any or all of these tips for the best possible coping during this unusual period.I wish you all the very best!

o   Exercise – at home or virtual.

o   Get organized – closets, rooms, garages – is one of the most effective ways to increase a sense of control, distracting yourself from negative thoughts and feelings.

o   Work on professional or school work, which will catapult you closer toward reaching your professional or academic goals.

o   Cook something special or indulgent for yourself or those you live with, which nurtures you and also gives you something concrete to focus on.

o   Use what mental health professionals call “positive self-talk.” When negative thoughts or feelings get triggered, recite a simple mantra to yourself. Examples: “This sucks now, but this isn’t permanent and things will get better soon;” “All I can do is focus on what I can control.” “I know that making good choices is what will help me achieve my goals later.”

No comments: