Dr. Seth Meyers, Clinical Psychologist

Dr. Seth Meyers, Clinical Psychologist

Monday, November 3, 2014

It's Getting Colder: Time for Reflection, Nesting at Home


Even in Los Angeles where I live, it starts getting colder in November. The winter months, I believe, are a great season to spend more time at home and nest. The winter is a great time to read more, cook more, and spend more time engaging in quiet activities.

I find that I inevitably become more pensive when the weather gets colder and I tend to stay home more. Nothing soothes and stimulates the mind quite like a fire burning in the fireplace or a bunch of aromatic candles. Take a little extra time in the next week or so to make your home extra homey as we brace ourselves for winter. Most of all, this is a great time of the year to reflect back on the year, and to think about how you want next year to be different.

Only a couple months before the new year!

No comments: