Dr. Seth Meyers, Clinical Psychologist

Dr. Seth Meyers, Clinical Psychologist

Monday, February 10, 2014

RELATIONSHIPS: ASK DR. SETH



A woman who read my book recently contacted me to ask a question, and I thought it would be helpful to share.

I've been dating a guy for almost a year now, but he seems to be hesitating when it comes to making ourselves exclusive and getting more serious. How can you tell if a guy is just being cautious, as opposed to showing hesitation about me?

Anna
New York City

Dr. Seth: Caution should be used by man or woman in the first 3-6 months of dating, but then - if the person truly wants a relationship and doesn't have significant intimacy issues - the individual should settle in and fully commit. If it doesn't happen by 6 months or so, that's not healthy caution; that's hesitation or resistance to developing a real relationship. 

No comments: