Dr. Seth Meyers, Clinical Psychologist

Dr. Seth Meyers, Clinical Psychologist

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

PARENTING: Unsafe Dog Breeds for Children


Okay, before we get into it, I must confess: I love dogs! I have two medium-size dogs who get along well with my two young kids. But I have heard horror stories about breeds that didn't work out so well with kids in the house.

I know there are exceptions to the rule and that many dogs (that come from so-called dangerous breeds) are actually really sweet - just ask my friend, Jessica, who has a pitbull that's been nothing but sweet and harmless with her young children.

Check out this article that includes statistics about "dangerous" breeds: http://puppytoob.com/dog-breeds/the-10-most-dangerous-dog-breeds-based-on-biting-statistics/3/.

No comments: