Dr. Seth Meyers, Clinical Psychologist

Dr. Seth Meyers, Clinical Psychologist

Monday, October 14, 2013

CELEBRITY: Pink Shows Miley Cyrus What a Renaissance Woman Looks Like


By far, Pink is my favorite pop star. I can't take another Kata Perry song that sounds like every other Katy Perry song, and Lady Gaga's recent songs seem to lack any memorable hook.  (Plus, she seems to take herself a little too seriously for my taste.) Once in a while, I'll head to a good concert when I need a break from the weekly routine. Last night, I saw Pink at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. This woman does it all: sings, dances, and even flies through the air like a Cirque du Soleil gymnast. I wish my four-year old daughter had been there because she would have truly been inspired.

With the incessant media craze surrounding Miley Cyrus' latest antics, I inevitably compared Miley to Pink as I watched Pink perform last night. Miley, take note: Check out a Pink show and you'll realize you don't need to get naked or masturbate on stage to get a little attention. While I understand that they are different performers and have different strengths, I simply feel bad for Miley lately as she seems desperate to keep her name in the news. Pink, on the other hand, never seems too concerned about getting attention - but that might be because she naturally gets attention for her amazing vocal, dance, and acrobatic skills. Imagine that, Miley!

No comments: