Dr. Seth Meyers, Clinical Psychologist

Dr. Seth Meyers, Clinical Psychologist

Friday, March 15, 2013

A Few Words About Jodi Arias: PTSD? I'm Not So Sure...

I was at the Los Angeles bureau of CNN three days this week commenting on Jodi Arias, the woman who murdered her on-again, off-again boyfriend in Arizona. A lot of people have been asking about her diagnosis. Though I haven't tested her, she appears to have features of several different personality disorders. I also think she may be prone to dissocation, a cognitive process whereby the individual has the tendency to have shifts in identity or consciousness. To diagnose that, however, a psychologist would have to evaluate her with a full battery of tests.

Testimony yesterday: When the psychologist for the defense testified yesterday, I was confused about why he did not report results from the MMPI-2. Perhaps we will learn more upon cross examination. I would be very surprised if he did not give her that test, so I'm wondering if he gave it to her but did not report the results because they were not favorable to the defense.

No comments: