Dr. Seth Meyers, Clinical Psychologist

Dr. Seth Meyers, Clinical Psychologist

Friday, October 28, 2011

Single Women: How to Find a Good Man

Trust me: Beyonce doesn't have it all figured out. If only it were that easy to find a man to "put a ring on it. " If you are single, take my advice yourself and push yourself to exit your comfort zone, try some new things, and give up looking for just one particular 'type' of man.

Perhaps you’re a list-maker, perhaps you’re not. I, myself, am guilty of creating the silliest lists for the most trivial projects. Yet making lists helps to organize your thoughts and the way you approach your daily activities. Though you may occasionally draft your own lists, you may not have tried creating a to-do list that speaks to your romantic goals.

Try this simple activity: write a list of 5 activities you will engage in to meet someone new, and then make a list of the 5 characteristics that you want your future romantic partner to have. As you write your list, make sure to use direct, strong language (“I will…vs. I want to…”).

In my book, Dr. Seth's Love Prescription, I have endless exercises and checlists you can fill out to help you figure out the best characteristics to look for in a man. I included fill-in-the-blank exercises because writing can really help to organize your thoughts and solidify your romantic goals. Most of all, writing makes you feel like you are taking action rather than sitting around, waiting for something good to happen.

Try creating your own romantic to-do list today, and you can go back and make changes later or write new ones until you meet your romantic goal: finding a partner who fits you and your life overall!

Want to check out the book? Click on the book cover at the top right!

No comments: