Dr. Seth Meyers, Clinical Psychologist

Dr. Seth Meyers, Clinical Psychologist

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Quote of the Day

"Don't smother each other. No one can grow in the shade." ~Leo Buscaglia

Recently, I found this quote and realized that it is perfect to share with my readers. Rarely do I come across a quote that is true as this one.

In my practice, I find that one of the most consistent problems that brings couples to therapy is one or both partners feeling stifled. Too often, jealousy or other fears get in the way, and one partner causes the other to shave off a part of himself or herself in order to keep the peace and make it work. Of course, resentments then sneak in and the relationship begins to deteriorate.

Read this quote one more time and remember to apply its wisdom in your current or future relationship.

No comments: