Dr. Seth Meyers, Clinical Psychologist

Dr. Seth Meyers, Clinical Psychologist

Monday, June 8, 2009

Mental Health TIP OF THE DAY

My mental health tip today may surprise you. Typically, I advocate exercise or healthy eating – perhaps even quitting smoking, which I am currently trying to do. My tip today may surprise you because it’s a little outside of the box.

In a nutshell, think about when you made your last appearance at a church, temple, synagogue, or other place of worship. It’s my belief that too many people knock religion and spirituality - often doing so without fully understanding the very thing they’re criticizing. If it’s been a while since your last visit, go out on a limb and give it a try.

Positive mental health is all about flexibility and open-mindedness. Take a trip to a spiritual or religious place of worship and you may actually enjoy or learn from the experience!

No comments: